Wednesday 13 July 2011

Arrived in Michigan

I arrived in my hometown of Clinton, Michigan yesterday. One of the first things I noticed was the difference in the quality of light. Quality is what photographers mean when they talk about how much light is present and of what sort. Maybe you've always thought light was mostly the same everywhere, or never noticed a difference. But as photographers light is our business, and we constantly evaluate the light around us, so in a way I suppose you could call us "light spotters" or "light anoraks." :)

Many variables affect the light striking what we see and photograph: light colour, directness, diffuseness, angle, surrounding objects, the weather...tomorrow I'll talk about some of those and the quality of the light here.


A deep blue sky above small fluffy clouds

Posted on the go using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Clinton,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment